Explore. Dream. Discover

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Living the good life, except for paper writing...

I'm now settling into living at Windemere holiday flats. I'm missing living in a homestay but I love the newly found freedom within my schedule. Now I can choose what to eat, when to eat, when to go on a run, when to go to bed, and what I do with my free time! Running on the beach is definitely a plus, although I've been a little lazy the past few days due to the rain. Now that it's sunny again back to trying to get in shape. Lacrosse training is going to be so rough when I get back! The only major bummer about this period is the surge of paper writing and prepping for my ISP. Right now I'm trying to make contacts to help my project along. I plan on studying cultural perceptions of HPV and cervical cancer amongst South African college students. For my friends who participated in my original study, this is a much more extended version and it's going to be used for my senior thesis. yikes. So much work to do but I know it will be worth it in the end!
Only 48 days left in the program! Can't believe how fast abroad is flying by. I miss everyone in the states and can't wait to see everyone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment