Explore. Dream. Discover

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Last week in Cato!

I can't believe I've been living in South Africa for over a month! This week is my last week in Cato. Definitely a bittersweet kind of moment. I'm really excited to move out and live in the city but I'm also sad to be leaving such a wonderful family. I've loved living in Cato with my mama, Smu and Buwa. They're so much fun and have taken such good care of me. This Friday we have a party with all of the families which should be fun. I'm planning on baking an apple pie for my family tonight or tomorrow night as a way to thank them for being such wonderful hosts.

Next week I go for a full week of rural homestays then off to hike the Drakensburg Mountains for the weekend. I'm so excited/nervous. The last homestay was great, but who knows how these next two will be. In Amatikulu I'll be following a community health worker. I'm not 100% sure what I'll be doing in Umthwalume, but I'll let you know when I find out!

After living in the rural areas, I'll move into my pre-ISP/ISP location. I'll be living in Windemere Holiday Flats on the beach! So excited to run on the boardwalk in the mornings, lay out in the afternoons, and get Indian food for dinner. Living in a city will be an amazing experience.

Love,
Leah

1 comment:

  1. OMG Leah the Drakensburg Mountains are CRAZY. my bro and i watched one of those discovery channel things on them-its like a different planet. fun fact: there is one type of vulture there that swallows whole bones for food. you're gonna have an awesome time-don't be nervous cause you'll always have the sit people around you even if the homestay isn't what you expected!!! miss you!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete