Explore. Dream. Discover

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Thursday, November 25, 2010

DONE WITH ISP!

It’s done! I have officially finished my ISP paper. Now I just have the presentation tomorrow and I’ll be done for the semester. I can’t believe I’ve just poured my heart and soul into a 43 page paper over the course of 2 weeks. I’m jumping for joy right now with the occasional fist-pump to celebrate.

Today is also amazing because it’s Thanksgiving! South Africans don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean I can’t. My room (the Penthouse) is hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for all the other SIT students living in Windemere. I’ll be making our family’s traditional corn pudding as well as an apple pie. We won’t be having turkey due to the fact that turkey is super rare in South Africa. We’re all broke college kids who don’t want to spend extra money just so we can buy a turkey. Besides, none of us actually know how to cook a turkey. I’m looking forward to a yummy home cooked meal with all my friends. And thinking of Thanksgiving is making me think of Christmas. Plus my roommate has started playing Christmas songs (one of which is dogs barking to the tune of “Jingle Bells”). I’m getting so excited to come home for the holidays! Snow will be a welcome sight although I’ve been loving the tropical weather here in Durban. Only a week left in Durban and then I’m off to Cape Town. I can’t believe I only have 14 days left in South Africa. SOOOO crazy. Miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment